Oklahoma Renters Insurance Coverage

Get a Quote


Your Zip Code:

Type of Insurance:

Contact Us

KT Williams Insurance Group

5407 S Lewis Ave, Tulsa, OK 74105
Phone : 918-794-3999
Fax : 918-794-0779
Email : kim@ktinsureme.com

Renters Insurance

If you are renting your first Oklahoma apartment, there are plenty of things that need to be done before moving in. After you sign the lease and get the keys, you need to have your utilities hooked up. It would help if you also looked into getting a renter’s insurance policy. Many new renters assume that because their landlord has homeowner's insurance that they are covered. This is not the case. There are a few reasons why you need to get renters insurance before moving into your apartment.

Damaged or Destroyed Belongings

If your apartment is damaged or destroyed by fire, severe weather, or any other disaster, your landlord's home insurance will pay to repair or rebuild the home's structure. However, your belongings would not be covered. If you are going to be reimbursed for your damaged or destroyed things, you would need to have renter’s insurance.

Protection Against Theft

If someone breaks into your apartment, your landlord's homeowner's insurance will cover any structural damage that the intruder caused to gain access to your apartment. Unfortunately, it won't cover any of the items that were stolen. If you want to be reimbursed for the things that were stolen during the break-in, you would need to have a renter's insurance policy.

Liability Coverage

If a guest is injured in your building's common areas, your landlord's homeowner's insurance will cover their medical bills and any other costs associated with the accident. If someone is injured in your apartment and you are at fault, they could sue you for damages. If you have renter’s insurance, the liability coverage will pay for their medical bills and additional costs. This could prevent you from losing everything if they decided to sue you.

If you are preparing to sign the lease for your new Oklahoma apartment, you will need renter’s insurance. The agents at KT Williams Insurance Group can sit down with you and help you buy a renter’s insurance policy that will give you all of the protection that you need. To get your policy started, give us a call or stop by the office today.

Partner Carriers

  • American Modern
  • Chubb
  • Cornerstone
  • Encompass
  • Equity
  • Foremost
  • Hagerty
  • Hallmark
  • Liberty Mutual
  • Mercury
  • MetLife
  • North Star
  • Progressive
  • RLI
  • RPS
  • Safeco
  • The Hartford
  • Traders
  • Travelers
  • United Home